Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I love Paris in the fall" - Part IV: Paris with Nathalie





Sunday, November 22
For our last full day in France, Emmanuel stayed home with the children so that Nathalie could take us into Paris for the day. We started our day by going to Notre Dame. After Notre Dame, we took the metro to the Avenue des Champs-Élysées


where we enjoyed lunch at Ladurée, a luxury cake and pastry brand in France, famous for being the inventor of the double-decker macaron - 15,000 of the little cookie are sold each day! After lunch, we wandered into a few more shops and then hopped back on the metro and headed home to play with the kids and enjoy a tasty dinner - Chinese takout - delicious!

Picture 1 - Suzi with Capucine and Tiphane

Picture 2 - Nathalie and me in front of Notre Dame!

Lyrics from another great song -

Every time I look down on this timeless town
whether blue or gray be her skies.
Whether loud be her cheers or soft be her tears,
more and more do I realize:

I love Paris in the springtime.
I love Paris in the fall.
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles,
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Paris every moment,
every moment of the year.
I love Paris, why, oh why do I love Paris?
B
ecause my love is near

- I Love Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment