Sunday, November 8, 2009

So, we went to London . . . Part IB






Still Thursday, November 5
After buying the tickets, we headed back to the hostel to freshen up before our show. We had dinner at a really fun Mexican place that was recommended to us by one of the receptionists in our hostel. It was a great atmosphere and they had us all wearing sombreros by the end of the meal. After dinner, it was off to the theatre - the London theatre! Wicked was incredible. I had seen it twice before, but London made it special. All of the dialogue was in the British dialect, which was cool. It made me remember just how much I love that show! After Wicked, we headed back to our hostel ready for sleep after a long and wonderful first day in London!

Picture 1 - Sombreros and Mexican food!

Picture 2 - Outside of the Apollo Victoria where Wicked was playing.

Picture 3 - Pretending to be Galinda.

Picture 4 - Doing our best to be Wicked.

Picture 5 - All of us after an amazing show in front of the stage.







"So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
'Everyone deserves the chance to fly!'
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And Nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!"
- Elphaba, Wicked


No comments:

Post a Comment